Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thought of the Day- 27 January 2007

I find joy in you

People are important! I am finding that for the first time in my life I am really enjoying people. Not that I didn't find joy in them before, but I guess the way I am living is different now. I think I am starting to see mankind as God sees us, His perfect, choice creation.

In his letters to the churches Paul often greets that individual church with a blessing and expresses his thanksgiving for them. Now, Paul could have done this for "political" church-board-campaigning-I'm better than Peter purposes, but I don't think this is the case. I think he really meant it! It is kind of funny because as of late I have been relating with Paul. I have been thinking about my friends and family and this Paul like thankfullness has been welling up inside of me. As I see growth, love, peace, brokenness, etc. in people, joy rises up within me and I can't help but smile and thank God for them. When I see imperfect people being imperfect I can't help but feel love for them, as if I see myself in them and know the love of God for us all.

Here come the desires..."If I had one wish"
I desire a community of failure, laughter, love, peace, debate, disagreements, reconciliation, anger, healing,.... I desire to know people. Not just know of people but really know people. I want to love someone despite their failures. I want to see someone through the tough times. I want to cry and to laugh, to celebrate and mourn. I want to be able to have the heart of Paul. I want to have the Heart of Jesus, the heart of God!

These thoughts and desires that I am having make me smile.

My life is of purpose. My life is not a mistake. I was bought with a price.

Let my life be spent on people. The most dirty, poor, broken people this world holds. Heck, I'll even take the clean ones. Because people are important! We are God's chosen creation.

I am filled with Joy everytime I think of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Chante