Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Who Am I" - Jesus

It was kind of funny...Today I was doing some lawn work outside (it's the only place to do lawn work) and I was listening to my sister's Hillsong infested IPOD. About the time that I was sweeping up the down slope, on the left side of our horseshoe driveway these words filled my ears:

You ask me who do I
say that You are, and I
say that you are the Christ,
Son of the living God.

That I will bless the Lord forever,
I'll bless Your holy Name.
Yes I will bless the Lord forever,
I'll bless Your holy Name.

As of late there has been a whole lot of me questioning God. Now, I am not questioning Him to his face so to say...it is more like I am not really getting what is going on, thus resulting in a lot of worry, doubt, anxiety, sleepless nights, etc. If I am honest I would say that I don't trust God. If I was really, really honest I would say that I have made God a lot less then me and I have made myself a whole lot smarter than Him. Dumb Idea!

So anyway, about mid-sweep on the down slope, on the left side of my horseshoe driveway God hit me with the words of that song and then asked me this question.

"Who do you say I am?"

BOMB!

I was hit by a super high speed train, and I am not superman! Again, if I am honest it wasn't that dramatic...it was more of a present (and probably someday future) defining moment. God was putting me and Himself in their respective places.

"Who do you say I am?"

When God asks you that, and you know who He is, you have encountered Him, you know that he works everything out for good, you know that He is doing what is best, you know that He is so much wiser than you, you know that He is in control, and you know that you have not responded to Him how He deserves....when God asks you that there is not much you can say.

So I thought along with the song. YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD!

and then He spoke again, a message of ol'.

"If I conquered the grave, if the very thing that is inevitable for every human being [death] could not hold me. I defeated death...."

And that is why we trust Him.
Death itself could not hold Him.
Life Radiates from Him!
He is the source of life, and love, and peace, and hope, and destinies, and....

He knows what He is doing in my life. No matter what I think I cannot make anything any better, I can just mess it up. He is molding my life, He is molding me, He is in control, HE IS (period)

Man, I love lawn work!


Hillsong, Downslope of the left side...

Who do you say He is?

No comments: