Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Play-By-Play

So I am reading this book that is trip'n me out (in a good way). Have you ever heard a song, recited a poem, read a book, etc. that seemed to know or be exactly what you were feeling, what you were going through? I am sure you can at least relate to having a song that inspires unifying thoughts...

Chris Carrabba knows exactly what I am going through, OMG! "I wish I was anywhere, with anyone...making out!" That is what I was thinking...we should totally date (this is a girl example)


Anyway, take that unifying thought, put Jesus in the mix, marinate it in the plan of God, incorporate some common emotions, take exact events from your life, and then take some Bible character lessons, and you have this book I am reading. I am not playing, this book is doing a play by play on my life as of late. While this could be really discouraging, confusing...I am finding it to be amazing! I am learning so much! The only worry I have is that I will not respond in the way God is calling me to.

Have you ever experienced that? The time when you know God is calling you to respond but you just don't know if you are responding in the magnitude, to the degree that He is wanting you to? God has things that He wants to do in you. You can delay your maturity and the magnitude of revelation based on your response to His prompting. That is a scary thought! Let me give you an example:

For the longest time I knew that God was calling me to give up TV (I'm not saying that TV is bad...God was just calling me to separate myself from it). I responded to God in so many areas but I just would not give up TV. I know, it's stupid....obedience to God or TV?....shouldn't be that tough! After awhile of struggling with different things, desiring for God to take me "to that next level", etc. God hit me with this one. How am I going to trust you with greater things if you haven't obeyed in something as small as giving up TV? I am not going to take you any farther until you obey in that!

And so it is at this place that I find myself again. God and I are in a wrestling match (i.e. Jacob)....and I know that God is about to do something huge in my life. There are just times that you know something HUGE is coming; for me this is one of those times. I don't want to miss it. I don't want to respond in disobedience. I don't want to drag on for years the change that God is desiring to bring in me now!

So, back to the book. After I finish this book I will most likely subscribe it to all of you. I wish I could give it to certain people as I feel like it is me, and countless others, written on the pages of a book. Until then, you will have to settle for snippets every once in a while.


Play-By-Play

No comments: