Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Summer Saturday Nights

My posting/group from facebook....here is the deal!

What's up Everybody!
I just wanted to fill everbody in on something that is going to be starting this summer. It is called Truth....not profound, but that is exactly what it is! Every Saturday night we are gonna get together and chill, BBQ, eat chicken/steak/whatever and talk about God (esp. the person of Jesus). It will start at about 6 and end whenever we want to go dancing at the club!...or whatever else we want to do (I like to get my dance on though!)

Jesus Christ: One of the most challenging, profound, abstract, demanding, freeing people we will ever have to encounter. It doesn't matter if you believe in him or not....you in some way will encounter him

In all honestly I truly believe that very few people know anything about Jesus. I also believe that the church has done our generation a great disservice and has in fact lied to us/covered up concerning Jesus. Here are some popular church teachings we will "uncover" and some other topics of discussion.

1. Jesus being an upper class white republican!
p.s. Jesus was not white!
2. Jesus told people to give up their money more than he told them he would give them some (the follow Jesus get rich teachings...prosperity in what?).
3. Jesus never promissed you respect (addressing how the church gets offended at stupid stuff)
4. Jesus drank wine (He really did!)
5. My body, My blood
6. Bread of Life
7. Give all you have to the poor
etc...

I really want everyone to come! It will be a discussion based thing...I am not preaching to anyone! We will look at what ideas you have and then look at who Jesus claimed to be, what he said, and what he did as found in the Bible.

Who is Invited?
God lovers, haters, believers, doubters, christians, atheists, muslims, buddhists, any seekers....whoever wants to come! This is going to become one tight community!


__________________________________

1st Ever Brandon T. Kightlinger House Jam!!!!

The First Night of Truth will be JUNE 2nd @ 6PM

We will be grilling multi-flavored, BK marination station chicken.

What to bring?
1. YOU
2. If you have money, which you very well might not (we're in college here), A PACK OF CHICKEN BREAST
3. An Open Mind

What not to bring?
1. A bad attitude
2. Self Righteousness
3. Shy-ness (Unless you don't like to talk....you will end up talking though, I can almost guarantee it!)
4. Klepto-Tendencies (Don't be stealing my food! We are having chicken...not my ice-cream, cereal, etc.....We eat Chicken!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for filling me in on this!
Just a few questions.
Who's cleaning the house before ?
Who's cooking?(you know if it's me that's NOT a good thing)
Who's paying for the food?
Who's cleaning up afterwards?(that would be my clean not your clean)
Who's making sure the grass is mowed and the outside cleaned up?
I think it's a great idea, looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Oh mother!
Quite the pessimist aren't we! lol
There is a possibilty this could bring 80-100 people! Can you say backyard with the s4 sound system!?

Love you mom
Brandon

p.s. We are college students, not wealthy Mary Kay dealers....Image isn't everything!

Anonymous said...

haha...your mom said her kind of clean...she's calling you dirty...haha...j/k. Oh, I will be glad to chip in by the way...I don't know if I'll be rolling in as much dough this summer though...haha!