Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Sunrise

5:35....darkness

6:30....light

I was able to witness this morning's amazing sunrise from the city of Lijiang, China. I feel as if sunrises are something of immense beauty and wonder that we most times take for granted. I mean, what would happen (retorical question) if one day the sun didn't rise? I bet the next day we would be appriciating the sunrise a little more!

As I was walking from the bus station I was time and time again draw to the horizon. I was captured.

I think there is something freeing in a sunrise. There is just something about darkness being split- about light rays blazing through the clouds- that makes you know that everything is going to be ok.

As I was walking I began to think about the spiritual realm. I began to think of how it must look in the spirit realm when the forces of heaven prevail and the Light of God begins to shine and fill the skys over a place.

Being here in China, I just wonder when the light is going to break forth here. I'm not talking a star or moon expirience; I'm talking about the blazing glory of the Son.

Lights of the World

No comments: