Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Beauty of Purification

I don't think you can ever truly appriciate cleansing by water if you have never been dirty. I don't think the "greatest" testimonies are those of "big" sinners becoming holy. I do think however, that the greatest thankfullness and passion for purification comes from those who lived the crapiest lives and saw the face of God staring at them through the muck.

God just keeps digging deeper. I think if he keeps going he might strike oil! I don't think He wants oil though, oil has caused too many wars and will soon be gone, I think He wants gold.

Have you ever thought about the other side of stories?

I am the man who sold everything he had in order to purchase the pearl of great price. I found the pearl, I see my sacrifice, I see the transaction, I see the treasure. What about the man who sold me the pearl? The man who possesed the greatest of all treasures from the start? He is handing me my treasure (the Kingdom) but what is his treasure. Why does he just give up the most precious thing in the world to me? Why does he allow me to sell everything for a pearl? If it is that special why does he give it up at all?! Perhaps it is because he to sold everything. He saw his pearl, He made the sacrifice, He initiated and finshed the transaction, and as I sell everything for His pearl he finally comes face to face with His treasure. I am His pearl! The kingdom is His gift, His destiny for me. I guess that is what being a King of a kingdom is all about.

I don't fully understand, I do ramble a lot though!

So oil will soon be gone. Good! Gas costs too much anyway. If they keep digging beyond the surface where they keep looking, kind of like God is doing with me, I am sure they will find something. It will be a process though.

Processes suck! Process means time, time means life, life leads to death, death leads to life, and the whole time you are in a process! Too bad there isn't this "kill me quick" button that gets rid of all the bad junk and accentuated the really spectacular features that you posses. This would completely remove drawn out processes...and maturity...never mind.

There is something beautiful in seeing the roaring waters of God rush over your inner being. When your vision returns and all you hear is the sweet trickle of the life giving springs, you look and find that one layer has been removed and you are more beautiful than you could ever have imagined.

I am desperatly awaiting the next big wave. I want to regain my sight and gaze upon something beautiful in myself.


River of God-Flow steady, Flow Strong, Rush Over Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aint that the truth my friend. How temporal are we in our thinkin. We would absolutly love answers now, change soon and the result yesterday. But the process is what refines us, while the climb is painful the view from the top of the mountain is the most beautiful sight in the world isnt it!
It is so hard for me not to want to wait on the struggles, embrace the challenge and meet them head on. It doesnt occur to me until im told that this process can be drawn out sometimes. Its why addictions are fixed overnight, why deep dark questions in our soul continue to surface even when things are going great. Its why strong Christians cry out and get mad at God when deaths happen in the family.
To even think of a struggle lasting for years until that layer is finally pulled off SUCKS. But its the refinement process, God sees it, asks us to trust in HIM cause the end result is true beauty and life!!
Just thought id share my agreement with ya my brotha. Love hearing your mind even from China man, would rather have you next door to shoot the breeze with but your doing what you were meant to. Going to see, to help and to love on others, on the "forgotten" ones. Love that man, love seeing it in action.
God bless my friend hopefully ill talk to you soon!!
BMILL
ps speaking of process...isnt it in the NT somewhere...oyeah Romans 5 says sumthing bout that process and the suffering that accompanies it!