Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thought of the Day- 13 February 2007

Valentines Day...

We're not going to talk about Valentine's Day, okay! We are going to talk about failure.

First, computer failure. I am currently in the computer lab at school because the Internet on my computer is not working (hence, no blog yesterday). This makes for an interesting scenario because all the screen tabs are in Chinese! Speaking of Chinese

Second, I bombed my Mandarin test today! Holy Smokes it was bad. Failure! Speaking of Failure

I don't really care about failure anymore. It doesn't scare me. It does however, make me really mad! I am a mature man practically ready to be completely independent...except for the you-have-to-buy-your-own-crap clause that comes with independence, of course. I mean, there comes a point in life when you pick your battles. You deem what you will invest your life in, what classes you will take seriously, which girls you are gonna let walk all over you because they're hot, etc. You are all smart people; you know what I am talking about.

When failure really hurts though is when you fail at something you are willing to invest your life in. That is why today's Mandarin test hurt so bad. Granted, I didn't really study (I have alot of excuses though...don't judge me!), but I still could have done better than what I did. It was all Chinese to me! Seriously though, I really want to learn Chinese! I don't completely know what my future holds but I know that the Chinese people will be a part of it. I know that I have brothers and sisters in China that I have never been able to talk to because we speak different languages. I want to learn from them. I want to hear their stories. On top of this though...I want to understand what they are teaching and their stories!

Failure Stinks!

Redemption is approaching though....can I get a "Mid-term" anybody!?

Chinese Class, Valentines Day, Flower Market...Life goes on

For those of you who don't have a Valentine,

"Will you be my Valentine?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So anyone reading this, I don't mean this in a weird way. But ,Yes Brandon I will be your valentine in a purely Mom sense. Chante' too in a sister sense.
I hope you know I will always love you more than words could ever express. You are an awesome man of God. And funny too ! I love you Mom

Melissa said...

I'm pretty sure that day you are refering to is called Black Wednesday! Myself and a couple of people I know(kelly) are wearing all black! YES we are BITTER! Anyway...I had a test yesterday to and believe me I know I bombed it...and I studied. I guess this just means midterm is twice as important! I BELIEVE IN YOU...just like Lukes card said!
Miss you lots!