Tuesday, February 20, 2007

China Update

So I am finding out quite alot about myself.

1. I cannot just be a tourist! If I am not going with purpose I am not a happy person. This has been one of the most amazing adventures I have ever been on but also one of the most unfullfilling. When you pass people everywhere who need what you have it is so hard to just keep going and hiking.

2. I need alot of character development! I am currently "leading" a group of four other students from HKBU and pretty much everything has gone...not good. We started off not getting our train tickets but we came up with a genius plan.
I. Go to Nanning (where they had a market with live cobras and brain!)
II. Take a flight from Nanning to Kunming

Problem #2
One of the guys lost his ticket and they would not let him on the plane (although the plane had like 20 empty seats and his name was in the computer). So, with like 2 minutes before check-in closed I was still trying to get my friend an0ther flight (they said the one with 20 empty seats was "full").

Problem #3
In the rush to get my bags checked I put my bag through...with Kerosene (EXPLOSIVE) containers in it! They got through! That may seem good but it is not! Now, I didn't get arrested but you know how scary it is flying on a plane that you know has explosive containers on it!? I think not! The very thing I was going to use to cook our food was going to cook us!

If you ask me, I'll finish the story later.

Anyway, I have had a horrible attitude. The story I just mentioned, as well as some other things have really revealed what is in me...and I don't like it. You can never determine what will happen to you but you do determine how you will respond...I haven't responded very well and God has really convicted me of it. Although, I am sure that some of it is because I fell so purposeless (except for in a couple of days when I will get to see my friends) this is not the only reason for my attitude.

This past day and a half has been really great though! Today was a really special day. We weren't able to get a bus to the Tibet border until tomorrow and it has turned out to be really awesome! Even though I am in one of the most beautiful places in the world, which leaves you breathless (literally...10,000 ft), people are what I really am amazed by. Today has left me amazed. More to come

Chinese New Year

No comments: