Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thought of the Day- 14 February 2007

Business Cards

I am leaving for Mainland China tomorrow. Faith. We are going to attempt to get a train, one that will take us on a 26 hour ride (you hear that Bryce? A whole day in a train!), from one of the busiest cities in China, during Chinese New Year! Good Luck Me.

We are going to go to Lijiang where some of my favorite people in the world live and maybe catch a ride up into the border towns of Tibet. Our guide of choice? Lonely Planet, of course! Only problem is I forgot my LP at home so I had to buy another one. Price? Around 35-40 dollars...ughghghg! That is like 3 days in China!

Of course I just can't go into a store and buy what I went in to buy, so I purchased two other books (a bit less of a price than LP) on advertising and business tips. One of the books is quite funny and has some good advice that I am going implement right now. The book illustrates the importance of seeing yourself as you want others to see you. The author gives an example through business cards.

Here is "that-guys" card

Bob Jones
Gas Pump Attendant
~
Now, the other guys
Bob Jones
Gas Distributor and Technician
~
Bob Jones #2 sounds like the real deal!
Another Example:
Jim Johnson
Architect
~
Jim B. Johnson
Architect(s)
Using this format let me present my business card.
~
Brandon Kightlinger
Broke College Student, Professional Dreamer, Girl Scare-er,
Excessive Sweater, Raptor Toe Extraordinaire
~
Brandon T. Kightlinger
World Leader and Dreamer
Founder and President of Inhale International Inc.
~
I like #2 a little better!
~
I will try to update a couple of times while in Mainland.
Please be praying that we have safe travels and that we can gain access to Tibet. Thanks
~
More than Business

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Please tell the family i say hello and love them all...oh and please tell zhimai I loved the card! I'm glad you got another lonely planet...thats like your own personal tour guide. Oh and your blog made me laugh!