Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ethur.org Blog: Ben Arment

So I was reading some blog stuff from Ethur.org and I came upon this interesting blog. Tell me what you think!

"Let me go out on a limb... I think most of us walk the line between passion and peacefulness. We play it too safe because we fear failure and criticism. I think most of us wake up every day with the goal of not looking bad or bringing unwelcomed attention to ourselves. But I'll make-up a rule here that I think is true... If we're not offending someone or risking personal embarrassment with our life endeavors, we're probably making very little impact. That's just how influence works... It comes with the price of personal unrest.

In almost every endeavor I go after, there is always a moment when I have tremendous regret. It's always that moment when I've gone too far to turn back, and there's absolutely no assurance of success. I start cursing my holy discontentment, my entrepreneurial nature, and I kick myself for being naive, calling it faith. And then God does something amazing, and I go do it all over again."

-Ben Arment

No comments: