Friday, March 16, 2007

Defining Moments

The past couple of weeks I have become extremely bored in class. I'm not talking about the kind of bored that makes you a little agitated. I'm talking about the bored, if it can even be called that, that takes you to the verge of death and brings you back again with a greater appreciation for life...and stupid people. In an attempt to fight off the death angel and get through my 2-3 hour classes (two 3 hour classes on Wednesday-back to back! uggggh) I have been thinking up questions to ask one of my friends so that I can get to know them better. I'm pretty close to a million! Not really. During this "free-time" I have also come up ideas for things I can do for/with my family this summer and have continued working on Inhale International stuff.

Today I had a revelation!

As I was thinking up more questions and writing down ideas (during Mandarin Class) for this summer that will all but guarantee me the title of greatest son/brother ever, it hit me. I'm fairly certain that "it" was God. I discovered one of my defining moments.

A few years back I destroyed a church. To be more precise I...
1. Toppled over a computer
2. Threw some stuff through a window (from the inside)
3. Kicked the cross off of the pulpit
4. Proceeded to "pick up" the pulpit and "place" it at another location in the sanctuary

So I didn't really "destroy" the church...I rearranged it! Some remodelling. You know, that kind of stuff.

Now, the events leading up to this display of masculine, mani-ness, magnificent (enough of the alliteration) power are not for you to know. What you do need to know is that for the first time ever the Lord is showing me that this act was a defining moment in my life...In a good way.

Before you start to preach to me about destroying the "House of God" and start to come against me, let me give you some of my thoughts...

1. I'm not really sorry for what I did
2. People place too much emphasis on the church building
3. I've already been criticized and preached to by someone concerning the incident...worst sermon I've ever heard! Not really. That was my cocky-ness speaking.
4. I think what I did was, in a weird way, exactly what I was supposed to do.

So, I just wanted you all to know that I, Brandon T. Kightlinger, have beaten up a church, that I am not really sorry for it, and that the Lord is about to show me some pretty sweet stuff that "snapped" inside of me and changed me forever, during this act.

The process of self discovery and revelation is pretty awesome!

*note: My next tattoo (sometime next year) is going to be on my upper back and is going to say Revelation (in Aramaic).


Karate Kid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!!!!!
Yes, it was the worst sermon ever!
Yes, you did the right thing. you did what I believe Jesus would have done.
I'm proud of you especially for your honesty and openness!