Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Update

As of today (21 March 2007) here is what we have.

1. One confirmed worker on Joel's trampoline picture.
2. American Girls being shoved in boxes and shipped for Joel.
3. Two mix CDs (maybe more! woohoo!)
4. Note cards
5. Batteries
6. All the candy (which isn't possible because I want a ton of Reese's Eggs...but I double dog dare you to try!)
7. Letters
8. An American Doll (for Joel)
9. Surprises! (I love surprises!...GOOD surprises!)

Now that we are able to see what I (and Joel) are still needing or desiring (aka My Inhaler...*cough* Mom) let me move right along.

Funny things that Chinese people say that they don't realize they are saying (or funny names). Here are two said things and one name for your enjoyment.

The English word is in blue while the way to pronounce it is in red.

Fluctuate (Make the L silent-just take it right out, no hint of it ever being there-and really emphasis the other first three letters...yeah, Int'l Business teacher today)

Sheet
(EE in the English language makes the I sound...as in "IT"-perhaps with a SH in the front and a little accent for good measure)

DO NOT READ OUT LOUD!
Name of the Day- But Fuk Yu (I am not making this up!...luckily the U in Fuk has an eww (kind of like Food) sound...haha)

I hope you enjoyed the "lighty"-ness of today's blog. After a couple of serious ones (including the Wish List, because I am absolutely serious!) I'll hit you with some humor! I'm straight awesome...I know!

Thanks for reading everybody!


Little House on the Prairie
AKA. The show my mom made me watch growing up...that I hated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey little house on the prairie is awesome...oh and by the way this a just so you know...it might take a while to recieve the goods...FED Ex Costs 200.00(yes american money) The post office is cheap but it takes 4-6 weeks...I can ship the none heavy stuff fast. The others like the eggs...(is 78 enough? sams club...in your face)are going to take a while unless I have a lot of contributers!

Unknown said...

this is sure to rake in the hate mail.

but on Brandon's behalf, all of it is true...its what we call, "making the best out of a 'terribly pronounced' slew of words". Seriously, I wonder what funny stuff I say when I try to speak mandarin....

and the name, yes, I about choked on my own tongue when I read that. its 100%, take it to the bank, sad but TRUE.

deensee said...

i am very familiar with the asian pronunciation of "sheet" ... LoL..

as for the name.. i had to try my best to stifle my laughter so my boss couldn't see me....

great entries.. keep them comin'!

curiousgirl said...

brandon your so funny! wow well i am going to try to get that stuff ready but not for sure when i can send it to you i am broke! btu soon i will have cash. call me sometime i would love to speak with you! also please pray for me and my friends we need it so much right now. i will explain more if you call, love ya rix